Projects are the lifeblood of SHE. Our ideas/projects feature mainly around our chosen charity/charities for the year and preparing for the next year.
So far for 2023 we have hosted a Highland Gathering, inviting other CWA groups in the Highlands to join us, to let us know what they are planning this year.
On the calendar we have:
- Branch meeting, first Thursday of the month, 6.30 at CWA rooms in Mittagong
- a craft morning is held on first wednesday of the month at one of our members homes, all welcome
- A cake stall at Bunnings (April)
- a Fashion parade (June)
- Awareness week table in Mittagong Marketplace (September)
- A trivia night later in the year (November)
- A Car Trail to fund raise for a local lady needimng to raise funds for a vehicle to suit her (August)
- A street stall in Corbett Plaza (December)
We always celebrate our birthday - number 12 this year since SHE was formed and we always have a Christmas party.
SHE is an evening branch catering for the working ladies who want to contribute to the community. CWA supports local, regional and remote communities, offering it's members a place to connect and support each other.
CWA was formed 100 years ago as a channel through which women in country areas could connect, support one another and advocate for social, health, education and recreational access in remote areas.
We are not a charity, but we continually raise funds for charities, usually supporting local organisations. However, we also support state disaster relief, and rural women around the world.
Southern Highlands Evening (SHE) CWA is a vibrant group of ladies, and we have planned for this year some exciting fundraisers such as a Car Trail, a Trivia night and various fashion parades and cake stalls.